Peach Cobbler --- easy and delicious
5 peaches—about 4 cups sliced
¼ cup of granulated sugar (if peaches are sweet—omit)
For the batter:
6 tablespoons butter –melts in baking dish
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking power
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk
- Add the sliced peaches, sugar and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine
- Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helps to bring out juices from the peaches. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice butter into pieces and add to 8x8 inch baking dish—for deep cobbler or 9x13 inch for a shallow cobbler. Place the pan in the oven while it preheats, to allow the butter to melt. Once melted, remove the pan from the oven.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, just until combined. Pour the mixture into the pan, over the melted butter and smooth it into an even layer.
- Spoon the peaches and juice over the batter. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top
- Bake 350 degrees F for 40 minutes until brown on top.
Enjoy, supplied by Kriletich Family Farms